So much is going on with Lexie right now. She is finally at the fun age when she is becoming more active. She is working very hard on her crawling and although she can get onto all fours in the blink of an eye, she just can't quite perfect the art of crawling. She can army crawl for objects as well as roll her way to them. I have to keep my eye on her at all times. I went into the kitchen this morning to wash her bottles and when I came back in the living room to check on her, she somehow got stuck in the handles of her diaper bag. She is also trying to get up on her toes when she is on all fours which usually results in her doing a face plant on the ground, followed by some crying.
She is also working on sitting up. She doesn't like to practice this as much as she likes to practice her crawling but she is getting better at it. For now, she is like a tri-pod, meaning she sits and braces with one arm. I am starting to use the boppy to help her with her sitting.
She is becoming a better sleeper. She has been doing the "Cry It Out" method for almost 2 weeks now and she is getting better at it everyday. George still has a hard time listening to her cry from time to time but he is also getting better at it. She still goes to bed between 7 and 8 and sleeps until 4:30 or 5:00 am. The hard part is trying to get her to go back to bed for a few hours after she wakes up for a bottle. I can't complain because at least she is sleeping through the night. I can also count on two solid naps during the day. She usually sleeps the longest during her morning nap, around 2-3 hours. She loves her giraffe Jerry, if you couldn't tell from the picture below.
She has her two bottom teeth coming in. You can feel them and see them but she is still working hard on getting them all of the way through. She has been a little fussy because of the teething but she is a trooper.
Now that the weather is getting nicer, I try to get her out for a walk once or twice a day. She just loves the outdoors and seeing things. I love the Spring and Fall for this reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment