Wednesday, August 24, 2011

10 Months of Fun...Now We're Moving!

I know that I say this every month but I really can not believe that Lexie is almost a year old already.  Each day just seems to fly by and sometimes I find it hard to just sit back and take it all in.  Like Mother Like Daughter.

Lexie has been standing for long and longer periods of time and then one day last week while we were in Fort Worth for an AdvoCare event, she just started cruising around the room.  If she got too excited she would fall but with each day her balance got better and better, she had perfected her turning and she is even clapping while walking.  Maybe I am a proud Mama but I think that is absolutely amazing.
Always clowning around

Look I made a frame out of my play mat
Her personality is still continuing to come out in everything that she does.  She loves to imitate people.  She smacks her lips, clicks with her tongue, flicks her lips, and points and chats all day long.  Lately she has really loved the "Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" song.  She also laughs at the special sounds that I make.  Her appearance is ever changing also. Her hair is getting thicker and longer on the sides. She now has 4 1/2 teeth and she has 3 more coming in.  She is getting taller by the day.  Lexie is willing to try new foods everyday, much of them she still does not like.  I am starting to think that she prefers pureed food because she is too lazy to chew, I may be wrong.  Some of her favorite table foods right now are goldfish crackers, black beans, green beans, eggs, turkey lunch meat, sweet potatoes, and apples.  I still can not get her to eat fruit cups for the life of me. Patience is key!  I also think that she has mistaken her books as a food group because they are starting to look ragged with all of the chunks taken out of them.

Gimme some more black beans!
She continues to really look forward to pool and bath time. I am glad that her dislike of swimming lessons has not taken that from her.  The other night she put her face underwater to try to blow bubbles.  She would laugh so hard that she would have to stop.  It is so amazing to be there to witness times like those with my baby.  I feel very fortunate.

With the start of football season coming up next weekend, I am sure that I will have some fun experiences to share soon.  Stay tuned!

Our Family Picture from the media guide

No comments:

Post a Comment