Monday, March 21, 2011

St. Patty's Day, Good Byes and March Madness!!

Last Thursday was a busy day for Lexie and I.  We said our good-byes to some dear friends of ours, the Dailey Family, who moved here from Buffalo, NY last spring and they are the best!  I would meet Carrie and Stella on walks throughout the summer and into the Fall and Spring. When Lexie was born, Stella couldn't get enough of her.  She always yells, "Baby, baby" every time she sees Lexie.  We will miss them joining Lexie and I on walks, random shopping trips, and play dates.  We wish them the best of luck in their new journey and can not wait to see pictures of the soon to-be new addition to the Dailey Family.

This is an old picture of Stella and Lexie (I forgot my camera the other day)

Lexie sprawling out on her "Big Girl Bed" aka. Hotel Queen Size Bed

Lexie celebrated her first St Patty's Day in Tulsa, OK.  Oklahoma is the 9th State that Lexie has visited so far and she will only be 5 months tomorrow.  Every year George and I travel to the first round of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament to root on our Jayhawks.  This year the tournament took us to lovely Tulsa.  The weather was so nice the day that we got there, but by the next day, the wind picked up and it was freezing.  I of course, being too trustworthy of the weatherman, only brought dresses for Lexie since it was suppose to be in the upper 80's all weekend.  Despite the crummy weather, we had great company for the weekend...the Jayhawks Men's Basketball Team as well as our dear friends, Auntie AlPal, Auntie Tegs, Auntie Laura, Uncle Danny, and Carter.  We went to the KUAA Pep Rally prior to tip-off of the basketball game (KU vs Boston University) and while George was at the game, Lexie and I opted to watch the game in our cozy hotel room (mainly because Lexie's bed time is at 7pm and the game started at 6pm).  The Jayhawks won and all was right in the world.  We got up the next morning and packed up the room and hit the road...a 4 hour drive back to Lawrence.

                                             Lexie wanted what Carter was having to drink!

We watched the Jayhawks again on Sunday evening from our living room and were happy that they had won again!  Off to San Antonio they go for the Sweet 16!  We will not be joining them, as we are headed to San Diego.  There is always the First Rounds of NCAA next year and maybe Lexie and I can actually join George at the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment